Friday, October 15, 2010

Water pump, hoses and engine in car...

Closing the bottom...

VW bug exhaust gasket work perfectly.

When I've repaired the manifolds, the heat distorted them.

Main seal and pilot bearing are in.

I've sanded the flywheel and applied a mat clear coat.

Clutch is in.

Before installing the engine in the car I had to make a throttle cable.

Silver brazing cable into a 5mm screw (4mm deep).

Connection of the Diravi before installing the radiator.

I've split a shock absorber rubber bushing for the radiator.

This reference is for the crankcase breather.

Cut at the right angle and removed a foot from the straight part.

This is for the hose going from the water pump to the heater core.

I've cut 6 screws to replace the anti-pollution system on the intake manifold.

All the cooling system is complete.

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

I did 12 marks on the oil outlet like a clock...

Using a .6mm drill bit...

I drilled a hole around 7:30 - 8 o'clock (about 15mm from the top) and...

At 2 o'clock to squirt oil on the primary chain at the leading edge of the limiter and the tensioneer (Source: Mike O).

The new and improved drive shaft for the oil pump.

The cover is on.

The water impeller is in...

The cover is on.

This side is about done.

Installed the oil seal.

I've installed the accessory shaft flange with the slot on the top and made a mark on the housing. This will give me a quick indication of the TDC on #1 at firing when the engine is closed up.

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Timing (End).

The A head is timed. I have marked the cam shafts with paint since I will remove them to lubricate everything.

I've cut a piece of sheet metal to install the chain. I use a magnet to catch it below the sprocket.

One cam shaft was really stuck.

Timing the B head.

marked the cam shaft with blue paint to reinstall them easily.

I used Lubriplate on the side of the valve caps and Clevite on the top.

I've measured the maximum torque to make sure everything turns freely in there (51 ft/lbs).

Checked every cylinders with the distributor on.

Covers are temporally on to protect from dust.